Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word essay in which you:
- Discuss how cultivating a virtuous disposition may help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Discuss the concept of virtue and what it means to be a good person and have good moral character. Consider how being virtuous defines you.
- Examine your cultural ideas of virtues and how they compare with other cultures. Explain how your idea of being virtuous fits within a cultural context.
- Explain how your ideas fit within the idea of utilitarianism and individual or group happiness.
- Use examples from your own life and information from Ethics for Life: A Text with Readings, as well as two outside sources, to discuss the relationship between virtues and your success as a person.