Need answer for 2 students
Reflection and Discussion Forum Week 5(chapter -5)
Reflection and Discussion Forum Week 5Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- Should a firm change its positioning depending on the market? What are the potential advantages and disadvantages of doing this?
- Write a position statement for yourself to convince your favorite company to hire you.
This activity/assignment will help students understand concept of positioning and its importanceActivity: Find a company that is struggling. Where is it in the positioning matrix? Could the company be more successful if it changed any of its Ps (e.g., to head to the lo-lo-lo-lo or hi-hi-hi-hi cells)?
Reflection and Discussion Forum Week 5(chapter 11 and 12)
Reflection and Discussion Forum Week 5Reflect on the assigned readings for Week 5 and then type a two page paper regarding what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding. Define and describe what you thought was worthy of your understanding in half a page, and then explain why you felt it was important, how you will use it, and/or how important it is in project planning. After submitting your one page paper as an initial post in the “Reflection and Discussion Forum,”
Earned-value analysis. A project budget calls for the following expenditures:TaskDateBudgeted AmountBuild formsApril 1$10,000Pour foundationApril 1$50,000May 1$100,000Frame wallsMay 1$30,000June 1$30,000Remaining tasksJuly 1 and beyond$500,000
Define each term in your own words, calculate these values for the above project, and show your work:
- Budgeted cost baseline (make a graph illustrating this one)
- Budget at completion (BAC)
- Planned value (PV) as of May 1
- Earned value (EV) as of May 1 if the foundation work is only two-thirds complete. Everything else is on schedule.
- SV as of May 1.
- Actual cost as of May 1 is $160,000. Calculate the cost variance (CV) as of May 1.
- Schedule performance index (SPI)
- Cost performance index (CPI)
- Estimate to complete (ETC), assuming that the previous cost variances will not affect future costs
- Estimate at completion (EAC)