Link to Play: https://youtu.be/wFBWXRqa7Gs
Choose 2 of the topics from the list below to discuss in your paper. Paper must be in adherence with MLA writing style (Links to an external site.), a minimum of 2 1/2 – 3 pages, typed, double spaced, 12 pt. font in Times New Roman or Calibri. Include your name and the date when you viewed the performance. Errors in written work will affect the grade. Write in your own words, do NOT look up reviews. Plagiarism will result in an F for the assignment (refer to course policies for clarification). Do not rely on Wikipedia for information for writing your college papers for the following reasons (read entire article here) (Links to an external site.):
- Wikipedia is not considered scholarly.
- Wikipedia acknowledges that its information is not properly vetted.
- The site has included hoaxes (Links to an external site.).
- People have created and edited pages to drive traffic to other websites.
- Anyone can edit or vandalize the site.
Submit your paper by attaching to assignment.
Choose 2 of these topics to discuss in the play critiques:
- Production design – include scenery, costumes, lights, sound, props – how did the overall design help to create environment and tell the story, what did the design tell you about the show, what do you think the concept was and why?
- Directing – how did the director shape the story…how did specific choices work? Make sure you understand the difference between what the director does and what the playwright does.
- Acting – was the storytelling believable? What worked and what didn’t and why? Did the style work in the world? Could you understand/hear?