Imagine you are the HR manager of a healthcare organization with 250 employees. You have been asked, as the HR manager, to determine skills required for the new IT system that will be implemented in the purchasing department. The new system will impact all non-supervisory employees. Implementation of the new system has an aggressive timeline and the needs analysis will require effective techniques to uncover skill gaps and provide training as needed. In addition to the time constraint, there have also been performance issues in the purchasing department related to relationships with pharmaceutical organizations. So organizational leadership would like for you to assess whether or not current employees can be trained to effectively utilize the new IT system and improve external relationships, and whether or not new positions need to be added to support the IT system implementation.
Create a report that details training and recruitment processes at the organization.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word report that includes the following components:
- Summary of your suggested needs analysis process
- Recommendations for how to address organizational constraints related to time and performance
- Linkages between performance, training, recruitment and needs assessment
- Options for the needs analysis
- Recommend the best option for the needs analysis, including your rationale for selecting this option
- Your recommendations for training and recruitment