For the Unit 4 Complete assignment, write a narrative essay (minimum of 1000 words) which addresses the questions and statements below. When finished, the essay should demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections. A minimum of three scholarly sources are required, and all sources should be cited and referenced in APA format.
- What effects does social loafing have on a group? What steps can be taken to minimize social loafing?
- Describe the difference between a group and a team. When will a team be more effective than a normal group?
- Examine the categories and types of diversity that are relevant to teams and identify the benefits and liabilities of increased team diversity.
- Discuss the steps in group decision making, as defined by the Orientation-Discussion-Decision-Implementation process model.
- Define groupthink and discuss the dangers that it poses to effective decision making.