Open All Pages!!!
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality authored the National Quality Strategy (NQS) in order to set a strategy for improving healthcare quality. The NQS has six priorities:
1. Making care safer by reducing harm caused in the delivery of care
2. Ensuring that each person and family are engaged as partners in their care
3. Promoting effective communication and coordination of care
4. Promoting the most effective prevention and treatment practices for the leading causes of mortality, starting with cardiovascular disease
5. Working with communities to promote safe use of best practices to enable healthy living
6. Making quality care more affordable for individuals, families, employers, and governments by developing and spreading new healthcare delivery models.