This week we need to discuss the following Think Piece: Hesse_We Know What Works in Teaching Composition – The Chronicle of Higher Education
For our discussion of Hesse, please answer the following questions:
- What purpose does the personal narrative in the beginning serve?
- What is the author’s main point? What side of the conversation is he on?
- What sources does he use to support his side of the conversation? Are they reliable/ believable sources? Why?
- Remember that the Think Piece is supposed to be about using sources from experts in the field.
- What do you think about the advice he offers? Is it too general, too specific, just right? Why?