Some countries have implemented measures to protect the privacy of their citizens. In this assignment you will examine the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) implemented in the European Union to enforce privacy laws. You will then compare these regulations to their U.S. counterparts.
Specifically, in a 3–4-page paper you will:
- Define the GDPR.
- Justify the need for the GDPR.
- Review the GDPR’s key principles.
- Research an organization that violated the GDPR.
- Describe the specifics about the violation, including the violator, the GDPR principles that were violated, the impact on consumers, and the remedy that was applied.
- Compare and contrast an existing U.S. initiative that protects citizens’ privacy with the GDPR.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to locate and integrate into the assignment at least three quality, peer-reviewed academic resources, written within the past five years.
- Include your textbook as one of your resources.
- Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.