Spend time making observations in at least one Title I classroom setting that involves ELLs.
Create an engaging vocabulary game to be used to teach key vocabulary words to ELLs in your selected content area. Your vocabulary words should address Tier One, Tier Two, and Three Tier words from your required reading which include:
1. Common words, which most children acquire in daily conversations in their first language;
2. Content specific technical words, which may be commonly used or rarely used; and
3. Words that define written text which are generally more sophisticated and precise than words used in conversation or academic vocabulary from academic texts.
Your submission should include:
1. A list of all of the Tier One, Tier Two and Tier Three key vocabulary words.
2. A detailed description of the game rules, number of players, and how the game is played.
3. The students’ grade level, core content area, and ELP level on your submission document.
Utilize this game during your practicum experience within one of your classrooms for ELLs.
Additionally, write a 250-word reflection regarding whether the game was beneficial to your students, whether there were any problems that occurred while playing the game, and any changes that you would make to the game based on your observations.