You will be choosing a data set you wish to analyze for the duration of this course.
In order to successfully complete this assignment, you should be able to:
- Identify a data set file you will be analyzing. Do not choose the Patients data set.
- Communicate the choices to the course instructor.
- File: SchoolData
- File: NC Births
- File: County Complete
- File: IWU Patients
- File: Research Report Template
- File: Research Report Patients
- Study the data sets to choose from, looking at all the tabs inside the data set.
- Study the example Research Report Patients.
- Choose a data set from the list above to analyze throughout this course.
- Download the Research Report Template and save it for your chosen data set.
- Conduct a search to find three scholarly sources pertaining to your data set. OCLS resources are preferred sources and can be accessed through IWU Resources. Wikipedia is not permitted, as it is not a peer-reviewed, scholarly source.
- In the template, complete the “Project Background” section only up to the “Information and Literature Review,” no further. The template has instructions in it. This should be written as an academic paper with complete sentences and paragraphs.
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor by the end of the workshop. You will add to the document throughout the course.