- Week 1 DiscussionDiscussion Topic Due April 29 at 11:59 PMSupporting Lectures:
Refer to the following lecture:
- Demographic and Epidemiologic Transitions
- Understanding Demographic and Epidemiologic Transitions
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered. For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
Using your course textbooks and the South University Online Library, answer the following questions:
- What are the main factors that determine health in relation to global health?
- If you could only pick one indicator to describe the health status of a poor country, which indicator would you use and why?
- As countries develop economically, what are the most important changes that occur in their burden of disease? Why do they occur?
- How would the population pyramid of Italy differ from that of Nigeria and why?