Review the following case study:
- Kasey is a 29-year-old male inmate who was arrested 3 days ago for possessing and selling marijuana. During his intake and assessment, Kasey reported incidences of depression, followed by recurrent manic episodes. He reported that he uses marijuana to feel normal. He also reported that he drinks alcoholic beverages 3 or 4 days per week and experiences blackouts at least once a week. Kasey reported that he is currently feeling depressed and has had suicidal thoughts in the past, but is not currently experiencing them.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper on treating inmates or offenders with mental illness. Include the following:
- The most urgent problems that need treatment
- The possibility of prescription medications
- Effects of prescription medications
- Other treatments besides medications
- Challenges and issues related to treatment
- Considerations for continuity of care after release
Include a minimum of three sources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.