In a one page summary, answer the following questions:
1. Why do Republican lawmakers believe the anti-protest bills they support are needed?
2. Despite Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin being convicted of murder in the death of George Floyd, why are there still concerns of civil unrest and riots erupting once more?
3. What is in the Florida anti-protest bill that prompted Florida Governor Ron DeSantis to praise it as “the strongest anti-rioting, pro law enforcement piece of legislation in the country.”
4. What other anti-protesting measures have passed or are being considered by states besides Florida?
5. What do Democrats and the American Civil Liberties Union think about these anti-protesting laws? Do you think these anti-protesting laws are necessary to prevent rioting or are these laws an assault on First Amendment rights to Speech and Assembly?