PLEASE READ FULL INSTRUCTIONS. NO PLAGIARISM! NO QUOTES, MUST PARAPHRASE. I WILL CHECK FOR RECYCLED WORK AND PLAGIARISM, SO WILL THE TEACHERS. THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE 5/17/21 AT 9PM PST. IF YOU CANT MEET THIS DEADLINE, DONT AGREE TO DO MY ASSIGNMENT. PRICE ISNT NEGOTIABLE.
PLEASE USE THIS LINK BELOW FOR ASSIGNMENT AND RESPOND TO QUESTIONS.
The true story of the eleven blue men by Berton Roueché is one of the staple readings for many who study public health and epidemiology. The story takes place in late 1944 and centers upon eleven men who, aside from their breakfast location, have little to do with one another. However, what makes this story unique and of interest today is that it highlights the speed and importance of a proper epidemiologic investigation.
After reading, answer the following questions:
- Describe the 10 steps of an outbreak investigation as it pertains to this particular event in 1944. That is, for each step highlight where in the event that step occurred.
- On your own, draw the epidemic curve for this incident. In your submitted assignment identify the type of curve it represents.
- Calculate and state the incubation period for the illness affecting the eleven blue men.
- Identify three questions that Dr. Greenberg asked the patients.
- Identify three questions that Dr. Pellitteri asked the patients.
- Identify three questions that the epidemiologists asked the Eclipse Cafeteria employees.
- Identify the culprit. Also, what about these men was unique when compared to the other people who ate in the cafeteria that day?
- Provide at least two additional questions you would have liked the investigators to have asked the patients or employees. Why do you feel these questions would have helped?
The Eleven Blue Men assignment
- Must be at least two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must contain responses to these questions that are placed in paragraph form, not simply listed as bullets.
- You need to demonstrate that you can collect, compile, and present a broad array of information in a narrative form.
- Must include a separate title page (Links to an external site.) with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include introduction and conclusion (Links to an external site.) paragraphs
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined here (Links to an external site.) and here (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate references page (Links to an external site.) that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.