I NEED THIS BY 05/06/21
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
- Walden University. (2017, May). Evaluating resources: What about stuff I find on the Internet? Knowing when to use and trust what you find on the Internet [Video file]. Retrieved from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/c.php?g=80773&p=6110321
Note: Pay special attention to this source and consider how you might evaluate your news story/current event to be credible.
- Utilize the APA Course Paper Template
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission, and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria helps them direct their focus and use their time productively.
Executive Summary of Talking Points
Consider the following:
- Imagine you are asked to join a panel as an expert cultural psychology consultant to debate an international, credible news story or current event regarding children and/or adults. You are asked to develop a series of talking points for your panel discussion.
- Identify an international, credible news story or current event regarding children and/or adults for debate (e.g., child labor, immigration, migration, refugees, or international scores on standardized tests). Review and analyze the event/news story, applying the lens of culture and psychology.
Assignment (5–6 pages not including title page or reference page):
As a consultant, you are a busy professional, so your summary will include 5–6 pages of your talking points. However, you will need to present your talking points in paragraph form, following proper APA Style and format. Include the following:
Introduction (1 page)
- A brief introduction of culture and components of culture
- Define culture, and describe some forms/aspects of various sample cultures
- Explain how your definition of culture applies to your news story or current event
News Story/Current Event (1–2 page)
- Describe the international, credible news story or current event regarding children and/or adults up for debate (e.g., child labor, immigration, migration, refugees, international scores on standardized tests)
Lifespan Development (1 page)
- Explain the cultural implications on human development based on the event related to children and/or adults
Specific recommendations (2 pages)
- Analyze the news story, and explain what you have learned about culture and psychology as it relates to addressing the situation
- Offer two to four specific recommendations based on culture and psychology to respond to the issues raised in the news story or event
- At least four different scholarly resources including peer-reviewed articles and book chapters
Note: Two of your sources may be credible Web resources.