End-of-Chapter Application Case
- Why is beer flavor important to Coors’ profitability?
- What is the objective of the neural network used at Coors?
- Why were the results of Coors’ neural network initially poor, and what was done to improve the results?
- What benefits might Coors derive if this project is successful?
- What modifications would you make to improve the results of beer flavor prediction?
Sources: Compiled from C. I. Wilson and L. Threapleton, “Application of Artificial Intelligence for Predicting Beer Flavours from Chemical Analysis,” Proceedings of the 29th European Brewery Congress, Dublin, Ireland, May 17–22, 2003, neurosolutions.com/resources/apps/beer.html (accessed February 2013); and R. Nischwitz, M. Goldsmith, M. Lees, P. Rogers, and L. MacLeod, “Developing Functional Malt Specifications for Improved Brewing Performance,” The Regional Institute Ltd., regional.org.au/au/abts/1999/nischwitz.htm (accessed February 2013)
- APA format
- no plagarism
- introduction paragraph, conclusion paragraph and references