Write a 700 word management report about the supply chain of an apparel retailer, based on a library article.This assessment focuses on the supply chain management process, its importance to the success of a company, and the sequence of events and processes that bring products from manufacturers to consumers.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Design a supply chain to support an organizational strategy.
- Explain why a company’s supply chain strategy is successful.
- Describe the importance of a company’s fast response and information infrastructure.
- Competency 3: Manage a supply chain in order to satisfy customers.
- Describe how a company’s unique replenishment strategy satisfies customers.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a professional manner that is consistent with the expectations for supply chain managers and participants.
- Exhibit proficiency in writing, critical thinking, and academic integrity by appropriately attributing sources.
Zara is the flagship brand for Europe’s fastest growing apparel retailer and has about 1500 stores in major cities around the globe.For this assignment, consider that you work as a manager in Zara’s corporate organization. Zara’s leadership team is considering changes in their supply chain management practices, and your manager asked you to prepare a report that analyzes their current practices as input to their decision-making process. Your report will be reviewed by the overall leadership team. After conducting some research on the topic, you identified a highly useful resource, which is a summary of Zara’s supply chain management practices provided in the documents i send you, Your manager agreed with you about that resource being highly useful, and the two of you further agreed that your report should address the following key questions as items Zara’s leadership team will be interested in:
- Analyze and explain why the company’s supply chain strategy is successful. As part of that, examine the effect of the selection and management of suppliers and determination of information needs and systems.
- Analyze the importance of the company’s fast response and information infrastructure as related to the company’s supply chain strategy. For example, what advantage does Zara gain against the competition by having a very responsive supply chain? What information infrastructure does Zara need in order to operate its production, distribution, and fast fashion retail network effectively?
- Analyze how the company’s unique replenishment strategy satisfies customers. For example, what advantage does the company gain from replenishing its stores multiple times a week compared to a less frequent schedule? How does the frequency of replenishment affect the improved customer satisfaction?
- What information infrastructure does Zara need in order to operate its production, distribution, and fast fashion retail network effectively?
Based on a leadership team audience, your report should be well organized and written in clear, succinct language. 700 words. Attributing sources in your professional and academic work supports your analysis and conclusions and demonstrates ethical behavior and academic honesty. Following APA rules for attributing sources provides consistency and ensures that readers can locate original sources if desired.
use this transcript as well:
- Suppliers : Purchase raw materials and manufacture parts to be shipped to the manufacturer based on their orders.
- Trucking : Usually suppliers locate their facilities in close proximity to their manufacturing customers so to reduce transit time. Shipping by local or regional trucking companies is the most effective means of moving these parts to the manufacturer’s facility.
- Factory : Final products are manufactured, assembled and packaged per the product orders received.
- Air Shipping : Smaller, higher value products are shipped by air since air freight is quicker and the convenience can outweigh the increased cost.
- Trucking : Trucks are loaded at the factory and are taken to the closest air, sea or rail port. Many products shipped domestically use the freight lines since shipping by truck is faster and more convenient than rail.
- Railroad : The railroads provide the least expensive means for domestic shipping, especially for large or heavy products, however shipping by rail is usually slower than trucking lines.
- Ocean Shipping : 90% of world trade travels over the seas. Products inside 40’ and 20’ Containers are loaded and shipped on container ships since costs are relatively low, but transit times are long.
- Distribution Center/Wholesale Warehouse : When shipping internationally, products can be stored in a customs bonded warehouse to prevent the needs to pay customs duties until the retail outlet is ready to receive the shipment. In our domestic market, wholesalers receive and store products for distribution regionally. Wholesalers receive products from many manufacturers, and provide inventory services for local retailers.
- Trucking : Local and regional truckers provide delivery to the retail outlets based on orders from local retailers.
- Retail Outlets : Retailers receive shipments, unpack the packing materials and inventory the new orders that have just arrived. Goods are placed on the shelves for consumer purchase. Information from consumer purchases reduces inventory and triggers new product orders.
- Customer : Customers make purchases based on their wants and needs, but also based on the availability of products and the efficiency of the supply chain to provide those products.