Written assignment on strategies for classifying and treating offenders (10-12 pages)
Based on the seven (7) types of offender rehabilitation treatments:
- Substance abuse
- Sex offender
How should offenders and treatment needs be determined and classified?
These programs have been proven to assist numerous offender populations, but there are no clear guidelines that address how or when they should be implemented within correctional institutions. In this assignment, students will select 5 of the 7 types of rehabilitative treatments to analyze and discuss.
- Select three (3) of the rehabilitative treatment types from the list above.
- Write 2-3 pages that address the following:
- The name and purpose of each selected rehabilitative treatment
- The scope of the treatments
- What conditions or problems do the programs aim to treat?
- What are the limitations of the programs?
- What type(s) of offenders should be treated?
- How you classify offenders and treatment needs?
- The effectiveness of the programs within your rehabilitative treatment categories
- What types of offenders are ideal candidates for these types of treatments?
- Be sure to use examples to support your explanation.
In 1-2 additional pages, discuss the impact that one of your selected rehabilitative treatments has had on the field of corrections and society’s view of offender rehabilitation within the last 10 years.