Graded Assignment: Association Analysis
You work for a hypothetical university as an entry level data analyst and your supervisor has task you to learn more about the data mining process associated with modeling more specifically using association analysis following the steps below.
- In the discussion this week, a task to investigate modeling techniques was requested and your supervisor has asked you to go further into the realm of modeling with a more in-depth investigation of association analysis. To get started, investigate some of the association analysis options in Rapid Miner Studio and research these types of associations modeling techniques to determine comparisons among them and how they are used to support various types of decisions. This portion and literature review of the paper should be a minimum of three to four pages of written content supported with a minimum of three academic sources of research.
- After completing the literature review comparing types of association modeling techniques, use any of the sample data sets found in Rapid Miner Studio or data sets of choice to output results based on these rules and methods. As a tip to get started with ideas with selected data sets, go to “File” and then “New Process” and explore the example of market basket analysis.
- Important Reminder: In support of this assignment, everyone should continue, as needed, working through model and validate video tutorials athttps://rapidminer.com/training/videos/. Additional learning videos could be found at www.youtube.com using keyword searches like “Rapid Miner Association Rules.” With research check out these resources found through internet research at Rapid Miner:
- Rapid Miner. (2018). Operator reference manual. Rapid Minder. Retrieved from https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/studio/operators/rapidminer-studio-operator-reference.pdf (Note: Check out section 4.3 covering associations in this manual).
- After creating, using and applying various association rules and methods on selected data sets, include any data visualizations from output deemed important and conclude the paper with a holistic view of these association modeling techniques sharing types of decisions which could be made based on the output. Do not worry about your decisions being right or wrong as the exercise is geared to further develop decision making skills based on data visualizations of modeling techniques. The conclusion of the paper in this case with proposed and developed decisions based on association output should account for a minimum of one additional page of written content.
- Once the overall paper is completed, remember that papers need to be professionally formatted using APA including an APA cover page, abstract, body pages, and reference page
- Complete and submit this assignment for grading on or before the due date. Remember, it is not a good idea to complete or attempt completing work late. See the course syllabus and the associated late policy.
Important Reminder: Assessment of written assignments account for 30% of overall grading and below is a breakdown of how I will assess grading for this assignment:
Student included a front APA cover page (Page 1)
Student included an abstract (Page 2)
Student included a minimum of three body pages of content supported with three academic sources of research addressing methods and approaches in using association analysis.
Student included data visualizations/illustrations to correlate or support written content.
Student included in-text citations with a complete reference page properly formatted using APA
Student included a completed paper free of grammar and spelling issues.
Total Earned points