Your company has had embedded HR generalists in business units for the past several years. Over that time, it has become costlier, and more difficult to maintain standards, and is a frustration for business units to have that budget “hit.” The leadership has decided to move to a more centralized model of delivering HR services and has asked you to evaluate that proposition and begin establishing a project team to initiate the needed changes. The project team is selected and you must now provide general direction.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Review and define the five (5) steps of strategic planning depicted in Exhibit 2-1 in the textbook on page 34. Based on the information, provide a statement of overall importance of these steps to your project team.
- Develop a vision and mission statement for the project team specific to the current project. HINT: It is highly recommended to follow the guidance offered in the textbook about vision and mission statement.
- Explain to the project team what a project charter is and why it is used. Then, review Exhibit 3.3 in the textbook and select any 3 charter elements you feel are more important and explain why.
- Provide a “Statement of Emphasis” to your project team based on the information you provided in the previous 3 sections above. The goal is to ensure your team understands the importance of the information.
- Go to https://research.strayer.edu to locate at least three (3) quality academic (peer-reviewed) resources in this assignment.