You are a software development employee at a startup company. Your HR department has tasked the IT department with developing a simple application (Windows Form Application) to load and display employee records.
Please NOTE: The RUBRIC for this assignment is attached to this assignment. Look at the materials section on the right.
Your application will need to do the following:
- Create an Employee Class with the following properties:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Street Address
- Create a sub class for Managers which inherits from the Employee Class. The Manager class will have the following additional properties:
- Cost Center
- Create a sub class for Developers which inherits from the Employee Class. The Developer class will have the following additional properties:
- Developer Type (Script, .NET, Mobile, etc.)
- Tax Type (W2, 1099-Contract)
- Load employee information from a text file selected by the user into an array consisting of Managers and Developers. The format of your text file should be something like this:
First Name, Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip, Employee Type (Manager or Developer), Developer Type (NA if manager), Cost Center (0 if Developer), Supervisor, Tax Type (NA if Manager)
- There should be a separate line for each employee (only one line per employee with the fields above) and your file should contain at least 7 – 10 employee records. You should save the file with a .txt or .csv extension.
- The UI should allow the user to select how many records to view (start at 3 of each type Manager and Developer and allow up to the total number of records loaded).
The following requirements detail the critical elements that will determine the grading criteria for your submission. Please see the rubric below these requirements.
- The application should compile and run successfully
- The application should display Inheritance (Steps 1 – 3 above).
- The application should allow the user to load a text or csv file for processing (Step 4 above).
- The application should load the text file elements into an array of employee records (Step 4 & 4a above).
- The application should display records from the array. The number of records to display should be selected by the user. (Step 5 above).
- Your application should contain comments to explain the data and process flow of your code.
Zip your Visual Studio® solution project folder so it can be submitted for grading. In Visual Studio®, you can locate the folder with your solution by left clicking on the solution node in the Solution Explorer. Look at the Properties window to find the folder name in the Path property. Locate this folder in File Explorer and zip the folder.