Choose a drug that has been approved by the FDA within the past year.
Write a 1,000-1,250-word paper in which you:
- Describe the drug approved by the FDA. Include the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetic properties of the chosen drug.
- Provide an overview of the disease state for which the drug is used.
- Describe what is different about this agent compared to currently available therapies.
- Discuss the potential risks associated with this agent and any monitoring parameters that are necessary.
- Decide whether you would personally prescribe this agent or stick with currently available alternatives.
You are required to cite 5 to 10 sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide