- What is the specific setting for the play Oedipus?
- Who told Jocasta and Laius that their son would kill his father and marry his mother?
- Oedipus was reared in what city?
By whom was Oedipus reared?
6. Name the place where Oedipus killed his father.
The sphinx has the body of a (an) 7____________, the head of a 8___________, and the wings of a 9._______________
10. What was the riddle of the sphinx?
Oedipus and Jocasta have 4 children. Name 2.
13. Which god is responsible for the plague in Thebes?
Name the two persons Oedipus accused the plotting against him.
16. Who tells Oedipus that his adopted father is dead?
17. Define the term, hubris.
18. Name the mountain on which Oedipus resolves to spend his Life.
19. __________is a group of Theban elders who are not privy to everything.
Name 3 functions of the Chorus. 20.______21___________. 22.________________.
State two themes for the play, Oedipus the King, and write a brief explanation for each one.
23. Theme ____________________
24. Theme ____________________
25. Choose one character trait of Oedipus, the King, and write a brief description. State the character trait and provide a brief description.