- Does it help achieve the goals of that ideology or purpose? Does it hinder them?
- Does it create potential new pathways of punishment or, at the very least, new approaches to punishment?
- What happens to the system when you combine these different ideas?
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Identify key ideologies or purposes of punishment.
- Choose a sentencing structure for each ideology or purpose.
- Explore how each ideology or purpose and its corresponding sentencing structure affects sentencing.