Choose one professional development (PD) opportunity (i.e., a conference) offered in your state or nationally that pertains to educating English language learners (ELLs).
* Describe the conference and explain why it would be beneficial for you to attend.
*How would attending positively impact student learning and English language development?
Write a persuasive essay (750-1,000 words) to the school principal or the school board president who is reluctant to send you to the conference.
- Describe the purpose of the conference and provide a rationale for attending. Support the rationale with scholarly research. Explain how attending the conference would improve your teaching practice and lead to higher learning outcomes for ELLs.
- Describe the current ELL classroom structures as well as the socioeconomic breakdown of your current district. Address any legislation that has been passed within the last 5 years that has impacted the education of ELLs in your district.
- Explain how the conference supports educating ELLs according to the ELP standards and legislation regarding educating ELLs.
- Describe the steps that you would take to ensure the successful implementation of the resources and teaching strategies that would be obtained from the conference.
Include a link to the conference website on your References page. Any other relevant information regarding the conference should be included in an Appendix.
Include 3-5 sources from your research to support your position.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide