Master’s Students The assignment: (2-3 pages)
- Identify yourself as a master’s student on the title page of your assignment.
- Describe the components of the assessment.
- Explain the significance of each section of the assessment for vicarious trauma. Be specific.
- Explain the significance of using an assessment in the treatment and prevention of vicarious trauma for clients and counselors. Be specific.
- Support your answers using the learning resources and current literature.
- Course Text: Secondary traumatic stress: Self-care issues for clinicians, researchers, and educators
- Chapter 5, “Helpers’ Responses to Trauma Work: Understanding and Intervening in an Organization”
- Chapter 9, “Trauma-Based Psychiatry for Primary Care”
- Course Text: Compassion Fatigue: Coping with secondary traumatic stress disorder in those who treat the traumatized
- Chapter 3, “Working with People in Crisis: Research Implications”
- Course Text: Quitangon, G. & Evces, M. (2015). Vicarious Trauma and Disaster Mental Health: Understanding Risks and Promoting Resilience. New York: Routlege
- Chapter 10
- Article: Way, I., VanDeusen, K., & Cottrell, T. (2007). Vicarious trauma: Predictors of clinicians’ disrupted cognitions about self esteem and self-intimacy. Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 16(4), 81–98.
- Template: Vicarious Trauma Self-Assessment