To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
For the following questions, refer to the Resources for links to the Lieberman resource and the Barr resource:
- How do women and men differ in their typical use of nonverbal communication to regulate interaction?
- What is the cause of men’s typically lower vocal pitch? Is it physiology?
- How accurately do women and men interpret others’ emotions?
- Who generally talk more, women or men?
- How do childhood games affect adult communication styles?
- What is conversational maintenance work and who generally does it?