- Explain the criteria that should be used when determining the credibility of journal articles as well as websites.
- Support your explanations with references to the literature or research articles that describe criteria that should be used to determine credibility.
- Your identification and determination of credibility should be done within the context of your chosen scenario for this assessment. For example, if you choose to use the provided Vila Health scenario, your initial identification of resources should be of resources that will best help address the presented issue. However, if you are locating resources to help provide evidence-based care for the diagnosis you identified in the first assessment, you may want to begin your literature and evidence search from the databases that identified. Any of the three scenario options are acceptable. So, pick the one that most interests you.
Be sure to address the following in this assessment, which correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Please study the scoring guide carefully so that you will know what is needed for a distinguished score.
- Describe a quality or safety issue, or a chosen diagnosis, that could benefit from an evidence-based approach.
- Explain criteria that should be considered when determining credibility of resources such as journal articles and websites.
- Analyze the credibility and relevance of evidence and resources within the context of a quality or safety issue, or a chosen diagnosis.
- This is where you are selecting the specific resources to help address the issue in your chosen scenario.
- Explain the importance of incorporating credible evidence into an EBP model used to address a quality or safety issue, or a chosen diagnosis.