Week 6 – Classism Assignment
Choose a topic below and discuss how class played a role in the conflict.
1) Communist Revolution (1900-1925)
2) Cuban Revolution (1953-1959)
3) Struggle of the Orders Plebeians vs Patricians – Ancient Rome (500 BCE – 200 BCE)
4) Spartacus Rebellion (73 – 71 BCE)
5) Ciompi Rebellion – Florence, Italy (1378 – 1382)
6) The Peasant’s Revolt – England (1381)
7) Jacquerie – France – (1358)
8) French Revolution (1789-1814)
9) English Civil War (1642-1651)
10) Hungarian Revolution (1956)
11) Any of your choosing with professor approval
All work must be properly cited and unless otherwise noted; do not include pure opinion.
1. Outline the basic history of the event(s). You can use a timeline or write it out.
1. Write a brief description of what class(es) are involved in your chosen topic.
1. What factors besides class contributed to your conflict?
1. How did the cultures ideal, values, attitudes and beliefs change or return to tradition during and after the conflict?
1. How did the people involved in your conflict perceive class? Has that changed or stayed the same in that culture?
1. In what way did your class struggle influence modern American life and concepts of class?