Step 1: Read the handout.
Choose one of the cases of workplace violence listed in the References in the handout and read it. Or choose your own case
Step 2: Write a paper.
Write a one and a half page paper summarizing the details of the case. In your summary, address the following issues. Be sure to cite any sources used.
- What is your opinion on the case? Do you think there could have been a different outcome?
- Could the case have been avoided? Why or why not?
- What was the employer’s liability towards workplace victimization in this case?
- What is a company’s legal liability for sexual harassment?
- How can workplace violence be reduced?
Step 3: write a separate paragraph
Using the case you chose, write a summary of the case you used and your opinion on how well the case was resolved. If appropriate, include personal experience as part of your answers.