In the discussion board this week, you will be focusing on how your specific social style affects your work habits, work relationships, success at work, and what you’d like to change. Reflect on how you communicate with the opposite gender, age group, or culture. Give specific examples.
In 2-3 paragraphs, respond to the topics detailed in this module’s Social Styles lecture.
- What is your social style at work and how does it affect your work habits?
- Do you have different social styles depending on where you are and what your role is? For instance, do you have a different style at work with your co-workers than you do with your supervisors?
- Do you have a different style at work then home?
- How has your style been successful?
- What do you feel like you need to change?
- How do others view your style?
In 2-3 paragraphs, respond to at least one student about their social style.
- What did you learn about social styles from the other student?
- How will you use this information to better help you with your work habits/relationships?
- Based on what you read from the other posting, what advice would give?
- What will you change (if anything) about your social style at work/with family based on the information you read?