1)investigate the group’s key issues;
2) what is their mission;
3) what is their legislative agenda;
4) how is the agenda developed;
5) how is it communicated to members;
6) how is their agenda pushed and promoted (i.e., mechanisms used to engage/attract and influence policy makers);
7) what are the group’s current lobbying efforts;
8) key partner coalitions;
9) do their partnerships influence policies at the local, state or national level;
10) key obstacles;
11) spending allocations
12 Mandatory: consult the Center for Responsible Politics, www.opensecrets.org.
investigating the interest group’s website:
13) reviewing position statements and testimony
14) should consult media reports and discuss more information on the group’s current lobbying efforts.