Week 1 – Overview of Scope Management: & Plan Scope Mgt
- Define and identify examples of project “scope” and “requirements”
- Distinguish between project and product scope
- Assess how the project business case and charter can be used as a foundation for planning project scope
- Identify common components of the project scope management plan
- Develop a high-level project scope management plan
W1- Core Element of Scope MgtCOLLAPSE
Please read your assigned materials and conduct library or on line research to effectively answer the following questions:
1. What is the difference between a project requirement and a project deliverable? Please give me an example of a requirement and a deliverable.
2. How does a project Scope Statement serve as a necessary communications document to all relevant project stakeholders?
Week 2 – Project Requirements: Collect Requirements
- Identify and analyze the qualities of well-written requirements: SMART and testable
- Know the general requirements collection process steps and become familiar with best practice requirements collection techniques
- Practice techniques for eliciting stakeholder’s input to develop effective and feasible requirements success criteria
- Distinguish between different types of requirements (functional, Non-functional, technical, project, regulatory, etc.)
- Analyze techniques used to differentiate the needs /vs/ wants of stakeholders for a project: MoSCoW technique
- Understand the purpose of an effective Requirements Management Plan (RMP): Create an RMP
W2 Group led Discussion – Requirements Management ProcessCOLLAPSE
– How can a project manager plan for effective stakeholder engagement while planning the project’s scope?
– Please outline 2 requirements elicitation tools you (as PM) would use to gather stakeholders’ requirements.
– Please describe the MoSCoW technique used for requirements/deliverables categorization in the project scope process.
– Please also give an example of a categorized requirement/deliverable